Slider

Survey Says: 23 weeks preggers

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hi everyone!  Another week down.  And I think I can 150% say I am glad!  This past weekend I started my 23rd week on vacation in the OBX which was great but when we got back from the trip late Sunday, I felt like I needed a vacation from the vacation.
Who doesn't love a photobooth at a wedding?

And props?!



My beautiful family

Then on Tuesday I got the call that changed my whole week and made me thank God every day. 

Russell called me Tuesday at 2PM while I was at work.  He had been in a wreck in Texarkana, TX while on a work trip visit.  A diesel truck going 40mph slammed into Russell (who was going 60 mph on a highway) and hit Russ in his driver's side door.  The impact flipped Russell's car 4 times before landing upside down.  Russell was stuck in the car as both the driver and passenger side doors were all jammed so he kicked his way out through the windshield. 

I immediately lost it...MY HUSBAND...the FATHER of my unborn baby.  I couldn't control myself.  Even though Russell assured me he was not too badly injured I had to get there to be with him.  I left work, grabbed our dog, and drove 5 1/2 hours to get him from the ER.  FOURTUNATELY, Russell only has minor injuries.  He has bad whiplash, bruises on his entire left thigh (which took the most impact), seatbelt burn, and pulled groin muscles.  If that is all, I WILL TAKE IT.  Seeing the pictures of the car made me thank GOD for Russell's guardian angels as it could have been much worse. 



When I got to Russell I just ran up and hugged him for what seemed like eternity and didn't want to let go.  We stayed the night in TX and made our way back to TN Wednesday morning.  Russell is still sore but overall is functioning very well and we are very blessed. 

As you can see from the above, all of the past week has now offically caught up with me: no sleep, stress, and all.  I am ready for a break and to get the heck on away from this week.

My little family is back together and that is all that matters.  For everyone who said prayers for us, I want to THANK YOU. 


Survey says...
Written Thursday, Sept. 19

How far along?: 23 weeks and 6 days

Total weight gain/loss: Weighed myself yesterday and I was up 4lbs in 1 week.  I have hit a “growth spurt” lately as I have really rounded fast and mix that will vacation eating last week and sweet stress this week and it was a recipe for scale disaster.  I go back to the doc next week so I am just gonna go by their scale for a good look into my weight.  Not too worried because I am still on track.  My baby has just definitely grown!

Maternity clothes?:  50/50 still. 

Sleep: Not so good lately.  Didn’t get to sleep in while on vacation because the room let in bright sunlight really early and with Russell’s wreck, I was all over the place emotionally so I didn’t get to sleep.


Best moment of the week: Looking my husband in the eyes and giving him a hug as soon as I got to Texas to be with him after the accident.  Keeping my little family safe is all that matters to me in the world.

 Movement: Lots, he gets stronger by the day.  He is also right under my right ribs which makes his movement semi-unenjoyable.

Food Cravings: Over the last couple days I have had a small craving for chocolate.  Or was that the stress craving it?

Gender: Handsome baby boy.

Belly Button: Barely in.  I give it just a few weeks more before it is completely flat and starts protruding out.

Stretchmarks?:  None yet.

What I miss:  Nothing.  I have a safe husband whom I adore and a healthy growing baby and puppy.  All.  I.  Need.

What I am looking forward to: Next week’s visit to check up on Ryan.

Weekly Wisdom: Baby Ryan is the size of a grapefruit!  His face is now fully formed and all is needs is a little fat on those cheeks J  He is also hearing everything on the outside so there is lots of talking to my baby boy so he knows his momma and daddy J

Milestones: The week being over! 


Excuse the "exhausted, I just got off a plane look"


XOXOX, Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan